Greenland photo by Paul Lomatschinsky http://www.itftuk.com
SUSAN RICHARDSON and SIOBHAN LOGAN use poetry, storytelling and multi-media performance to evoke the unique appeal of one of the planet's last great wildernesses. Having experienced this landscape first-hand, they explore the heritage of the Arctic from indigenous peoples and Viking women to European explorers. They also highlight the fragility of this landscape at a time of climate change. The Polar Poets can offer performances, talks and workshops for adults or children on these themes.

Contact: polarpoets@googlemail.com


Polar Poets EVENTS 2011

Arctic-ulate in Manchester

John Rylands Library Deansgate
Sat. Dec. 3rd 2011
2 - 4 Creative Writing workshop FREE
6 - 7.30pm 'Arctic-ulate' show FREE
pre-booking essential for both events
on 0161 306 0555 or

Friday 29 January 2010

Bootmarks Between

Well, a fortnight's passed and Susan and I have been very busy in our respective corners of the country. In Cardiff, Susan's been teaching and performing at local gigs. Tomorrow, she's making an appearance - so to speak - on Radio 4 for Saturday Live as one of their resident poets. Last time I heard Susan on the radio, talking about the way winter landscapes inspire writers, I was moved to dash out with my camera and snap the snow. I'm glad I did because next day the thaw started and we've had ne'er a flake in Leicester since!

And in my corner over in the Midlands, I've been kept busy preparing for an event that fuses poetry, physics and film at the National Space Centre. With some good local coverage, our Northern Lights Spectacular is now a sell-out show which is thrilling. The flyers are done, the glowsticks have arrived and I just need to shake out the sari and polish up some poems for the big night. Meanwhile, I've been keeping my hand in with a talk for a local village WI. I thoroughly enjoyed the enthusiastic reception in Botcheston Village Hall and even got to judge the Candle Competition!


So what of the Polar Poets and our arctic expedition? Well, this page may have been looking untrodden for a few weeks but behind the scenes, there's plenty afoot. We're exploring lots of interesting possibilities for festivals and venues later in the year. And when we have more news, you'll be the first to know! For now, enjoy another photo and bask in the snow nostalgia ...

No comments:

Post a Comment